Next meeting will be in Tuesday, June 12 at the IYAC
Meet after racing at the IYAC.
Fleet 169 Meeting Notes – March 13
1. Fleet dues are due! $100
· Please pay Fleet Treasurer, Isabel Marsh. She accepts cash, online payments through Venmo or checks. Make checks payable to Newport Thistle Fleet 169
· Dues remain unchanged from 2016. These cover IYAC, ILYC racing fees and other items to support fleet growth and promotion.
· Account Balance: $864.80.
2. Atlantic Coast Championships – July 8-9th, Cedar Point Yacht Club (CPYC), CT
· Alex Liggett, Fleet 99 Captain, to provide us with housing contact. Erv notified Sail Newport that we will not participate in Newport Regatta this year because of conflict with ACCs.
3. Proposed – NE Districts June 3-4th
· Chris Takcas proposed event to help build local participation. Erv to confirm if Ida Lewis would be interested to extend June 3rd racing to two days.
4. VHF Radios – required to race for safety and communication
· If you don’t have a working radio during race, you may participate, but your race will not be scored. Added penalty – you will fill IYAC Perpetual Trophy with (alcoholic) libations!
Recap from February Meeting:
- Discussion and Voted to Required VHF when fleet racing (primary concern was safety)
- Discussed crew list and will continue to research
- Changing district championship due to ACC date conflict. Voted to merged District with ACC at Westport, CT
- Fleet sponsorship tabled
Recap from January Meeting:
Fleet dues are set to be no change ($100) and all members are strongly encouraged to join the national class (http://www.thistleclass.com/home/information/membership)
The Sail Newport Regatta will act as the New England District Champs.
IYAC Monday nights will begin at the end of May and they have no change in format. Dates should be set by the February meeting.
Aloha series has changed from 2 Fridays a month to one Saturday a month and will have the dates of those at the following meeting.
The new fleet leadership elected:
Dave Hulse: Fleet Captain
Ralph Wolf: PR and Communications
Izzy Marsh: Treasurer
Winter meetings will be held the second Monday of the month.