What’s a Thistle?
- Competitive, one-design sailboat
- 1945 design by Sandy Douglass
- Affordable! Good-quality, used boats are under $5K
Who is Newport Fleet 169?
- Sailors who like to compete and have fun!
- We’re based at Sail Newport
- Part of a national community, Thistle Class Association
What’s the boat like?
- Strict, one-design principles ensure all boats are competitive
- Sail with 3 crew; a team can sail competitively around 450Ibs
- Suited to light and heavy air sailing
When do you sail?
- Monday evenings, IYAC Sport boat Race Series
- Saturday, once race day per month, Ida Lewis ALOHA Series
- New England District Championship, July 8-9, 2017
- Calendar of Events
How do I join?
- Fleet dues are $100
- Contact us!